In This Section
Castor Oil Pack
A Castor Oil Pack can be a useful adjunct to alleviate any pain or inflammation anywhere in the body should this occur during the cleansing process. It is in fact a castor oil poultice, which will draw toxins, break up congestion and soothe. It is renowned for quickly relieving pain and increasing circulation.
- Place ¼ (or more according to the area needing the pack) of the contents of the 250ml of castor oil in a double saucepan (or a bowl in a saucepan).
- Warm the oil to a temperature suitable for placing on the skin. Please test the temperature on the inside of your forearm before applying to the affected area (be aware that oil holds its heat so do not overheat if possible).
- Dip a muslin square (double thickness is best and this should be made the size of the area to be treated) into the castor oil and then place directly over the affected area.
- Cover the castor oil and muslin pack with cling film if possible, wrapping it right around the area in order to secure it. If you are unable to cling film wrap some areas that require treatment then don’t worry, simply cover with another cloth or bandage.
- Finally, place a hot water bottle under or over the area and leave for between 20 minutes and 1 hour. Some people may find it useful to leave on overnight if the construction and location of the pack is comfortable.
The procedure can be repeated four hourly over a period of a day if relief is being received.
Long-term use is limitless.