Allergies - Chemical Sensitivities (MCS)
This condition is marked by debilitating chemical sensitivities to products that now saturate our environment. These could be background pesticides, tobacco smoke, perfumes (including fragrances for home and car), household items such as washing powder and cleaning products, dry cleaning agents, fire retardant chemicals and preservatives such as formaldehyde, petrol and paints. People who suffer with MCS are often very unwell after exposure and suffer with breathing problems, severe headaches and fatigue. MCS is now considered a growing and serious health problem. Symptoms can become life threatening and there is no effective treatment. Management of MCS is based on avoidance of the stimuli but in reality this is almost impossible in contemporary living. MCS has been better researched since it was accepted that Gulf War Syndrome and the collapse of the World Trade Centre caused long term debilitating sickness in some people after exposure to multiple chemicals.
Foods & herbs for the home
- Make the change to organic food, particularly for high fat foods (meats, eggs, oils and dairy). Fat remains in the body to protect and support organs and tissues. Stored fat needs to be as free from pesticides and other chemicals as possible.
- All water supplies are chemically polluted and it is impossible to remove all these chemicals through the municipal water system. The cleanest water filter systems are water distillers and reverse osmosis units and you may wish to research these. Ceramic filter systems on good table-top water filters are also effective.
- The liver is responsible for detoxifying chemicals. Gentle support is offered with Milk Thistle Seed added to foods.
- Although fragrance in the environment is a huge issue for sufferers with MCS, it is unusual for fresh and dried herbs or spices to produce symptoms. Experiment with herbal teas and fresh or dried herbs and spices (such as bowls of clove bud). Many have immune-boosting and detox properties.
- Superfood Plus is a food that is 100 percent organic, highly absorbable and high in nutrients; ask us for a sample and learn more about it by viewing the videos on the dedicated website (see link below).
- Work to significantly reduce exposure to chemicals in your home, work place and car, availing yourself of the expert advice that is now available.
- Apple cider vinegar and bicarbonate of soda are perfume-free and effective cleaning agents (but do not use on marble).
- Read more about supporting the liver with a free download of Dr Richard Schulze’s books Detoxification 1 and Detoxification 2.
- Work with a health practitioner to develop a method of detoxification that works for you. The College of Naturopathic Medicine and The Association of Master Herbalists will be able to locate a therapist near to you.
Additional help is available by phoning the free product advice line at Herbs Hands Healing between the hours of 9.00am to 1.00pm. Tel: 01379 608201.
If you would like to learn more about herbs and receive updates about our products and services please take the time to subscribe to our newsletters.
Learn more about Dr. Richard Schulze’s Superfood Plus and why we believe this is such a wonderful food by following this link on our website, where extensive information is available. Also please visit our Superfood Plus facebook page for articles and current news.
To learn more about natural healing for this and other ailments, visit Dr Schulze's blog.
If you would like to see videos of Jill Davies showing you plants growing in their natural settings and discussing their medicinal attributes then visit us on facebook. You can also explore additional herbs and their traditional uses by linking to Herbs Info & Photo Gallery and Herb Profiles. Useful additional information can also be found at the Herbs Hands Healing information pages on Detox & Cleansing and Natural Healing.